Wednesday, June 13, 2012

bring along a camera into the garden











just recently i realized how often i bring my camera with me into the garden. most of the time i grab my digital, but lately my film camera has been by my side. my camera is my tool of choice, really. i use my photos to document season to season, year to year in the garden. i am terrible at keeping a paper journal so often my photos do the journaling for me- helping to remember the pest problems, creative trellises from gardens past, & the date of our first tomato harvest last year. as the seasons progress, i add photos little by little to my gardening set on flickr.

i also really enjoy the art of garden photography, if there really is such a thing. pausing to savor fresh eggs in a basket, light flickering among green tomatoes on the vine, little seedlings bursting with energy & bouquet of june flowers. there are so many reasons to slow down in the garden - in our lives - & enjoy. my camera helps me do so.

i hope you will invite your camera along on your many trips to the garden.

2 comments:

  1. My camera is never so far for my pocket, my basket or my garden, of course !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a special place that I hang mine when I'm out working, so that I don't forget and accidentally "water it". I'm totally with you--I have what seems like a million pictures of freshly gathered eggs and they never get boring to me.

    ReplyDelete